Honey Face Massage
Honey is a great humectant and deeply hydrates the skin, coupled with a gentle massage leaves skin deeply soft with a lovely glow. Many people report an added boost of pleasure from honey’s sweet smell and the warm sticky feel of rubbing it on the skin.
This treatment is appropriate for all skin types; and work especially well for dry, dehydrated, sunburned, windburned, or mature skin. You’ll need 2 teaspoons of raw honey–and remember that honey will get runny when it warms up to your body temperature, so plan accordingly.
Apply honey in a thin layer on your face and neck. Lay down or recline and rest. After letting honey to sit for 15 minutes, pat your skin with your fingertips for about 5 minutes. Rinse using a warm, damp washcloth.
Here are some more honey beauty treatments:
1. Honey Pat. This is the best way to bring a lively glow to your face and body while you moisturize and smooth. And it’s so much fun! Just bring one of those cute little honey-bears into the tub with you. Squeeze some honey anywhere on your skin and pat it with both hands. As you continue to pat your skin, the honey gets really sticky, and will pull up your skin gently with every pat. This is the BEST for circulation, and you’ll end up with a gorgeous glow. Rinse off the honey when you’ve had enough.
2. Honey Bath. If you don’t have time to pat-and-glow, just add 1/4 cup or so of honey to your bath. Mmmm—sweet, silky, and luscious skin.
3. Honey Shiny Hair. Mix 1 teaspoon honey, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and 1 quart of warm water. After shampooing, simply pour through hair. Let your hair dry as you normally would; you don’t need to rinse it out.
4. Moisturizing Honey Mask. Mix 2 tablespoons honey and 2 teaspoons milk or cream. Smooth on face and allow to remain for 10 minutes, then rinse.
5. Honey-Apple Toner. This sweet alpha-hydroxy miracle will help to firm, smooth, and moisturize your skin. In a blender or food processor, combine 1 peeled, cored apple with a tablespoon of honey and pulse until smooth. Apply pulp gently to face and allow to remain for 15 minutes, then rinse.
6. Facial Cleansing Scrub. Combine 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon finely-ground almonds, 2 tablespoons dry oatmeal, and enough lemon juice to moisten. Massage mixture gently onto face, then rinse with warm water.
7. Honey Hair Conditioning Treatment. This great formula combines the benefits of honey and olive oil for lustrous, silky, healthy hair and scalp. Simply combine 1/2 cup honey and 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup olive oil (depending on the dryness of your hair and scalp). Saturate hair and scalp with this conditioner, then put on a shower cap and allow the conditioner to remain for 30 minutes before you shampoo and rinse as usual